Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1 more thing about shooting

After ICS training, the pistol feels like
an extension of my hand hardwired to my
own nervous system.
One more thing to say about the Israeli combat shooting (ICS) instruction I received from Mr. Stuart …. Despite owning handguns for a longtime and shooting them every few months, I never developed the relationship with the pistol that I now have after only a few hours of professional instruction. It’s hard to describe, but the pistol no longer seems like a piece of external equipment that I pick up and try to manipulate. The pistol now feels like an extension of my own body, as if it has been integrated into my own nervous system and does what I tell it to do, not like in the past when I would have to ask it and coax it to do what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment