Tuesday, February 28, 2012

That's a lotta burpees

A friend of mine does CrossFit, a very intense style of training, and this weekend he had to do some qualifying for the CrossFit Games. The Games are like the Olympics of CrossFit. People who participate in CrossFit from around the world can compete in the games, but first they have to qualify and qualification starts at each individual CrossFit location. My friend had to perform as many burpees as he could in seven minutes. He made it to 93 and that ranked him at 18,249 out of 26,000 people. The guy who came in first did 161 burpees in seven minutes.
I didn't do any burpees last night. Matter of fact I didn't do anything physical. I played hookey from combat fitness and Haganah class  so I could attend my nephews' confirmation ceremony and  celebration dinner. While I was eating a monster-sized plate of eggplant parm, my friends in combat fitness were doing jump squats, crunches and pullups and by the time I moved on to dessert they were getting kneed and elbowed in Haganah.

No comments:

Post a Comment